On 2003-02-23, Daniel Feiglin wrote:

> This point also occurred to me - but then most newbies would be using a
> GUI like Gnome or KDE, so the issue would rarely if ever arise. It is
> really a commandline thing.

If they use a GUI, they have no reason in the world to have '.' in thier
path - it's only useful for saving few keystrokes on the commandline and
can somtimes bite if you are not careful.

Aside from security, it can also confuse scripts when you run them in a
directory containing a program named the same as some system program the
script uses.

--
Beni Cherniavsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The mind of a good coder knows what his computer would do for any of his
programs.  The computer of a good hacker knows what his mind would do if
it weren't for his programs.