On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Nadav Har'El wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 02, 2003, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote about "Re: TIP: using CVS keyword in
> LaTeX documents":
> > >   \verb$Id$
> > True. However, \verb apparently can't be used as a command
> > argument. See http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/users/notz/latex-cvs.html.
> >
> > So, any other cool latex tricks? Or do I have to open latex-il first?
>
> Doesn't \protect fix that? E.g., try
>
>       \chapter{\protect\verb+$Id$+}
>
> (again, I didn't try it).

Tried it:

! LaTeX Error: \verb illegal in command argument.

The reason is that verbatim is actually a sort of "preprocessed" command.
It has to actually appear in the text. Therefore its usage in macros is
problematic. The same goes for similar environments.

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]