Oron Peled wrote:

It is extremly important, especially with respect to security
updates. We don't want to create extra 100 vulnerable sendmails
out in the wild now, do we?

No reason to have a listening sendmail on the installed machines. We install machines that have 0 (zero, nada, zilch, gurnisht, mafish) listening services, and the chances of exploitation drop tremendiously.

AFAIR licq had vulnerabilities as well, so this does not eliminate the risks totally, but it greatly reduces them.

Shachar

-- Shachar Shemesh Open Source integration consultant Home page & resume - http://www.shemesh.biz/