Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> > Actually, Kernighan & Ritchie have a second edition of
> their book, published
> > in 1988, which corresponds to ANSI C.
>
> It's quite hard to get the first edition these days, don't you
> agree?

Depends on who you ask - I've got a first-edition right here on my
bookshelf.
It was the book I learned C from (long-long time ago). The nice thing
about this book, is that it's excellent for pure beginners - even school
pupils with zero knowledge in programming languages. But it's indeed not
a reference; it's only good for nostalgic purposes...

- Aviram