Hi all,

An IBM technician came by today, and replaced a HD. As a result, there is some hope that the HW problems are solved. We did a bit of lottery in deciding which is the faulty HD, so we may still find that the wrong HD was replaced.

In the mean time, beak is fevereshly working on remirroring everything. At over 30MB/minute, it will hopefully be fully synched by tommorow evening. Assuming the same HW problem (or a new one??) does not resurface, we will be able to officially announce the new mirror server (again)-:

In the mean while, wer'e talking about Debian (alpha, ppc, sparc and i386) and gentoo. We have quite a bit of free space, so further ideas are more than welcome.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant