>> Seriously - the "average person in the street" isn't aware about the
>> alternatives. The "standard" costs the tax payers a lot of money and
>> locks out the competition. This is what brought us to the current
>> situation.

Government decision that all schools should use OpenOffice would also cost
the taxpayers (maybe less) and lock out the competition. The only visible
difference is that "we" win and "they" lose. That's OK, but speaking in
these terms and speaking about public benefit and freedom in the same time
doesn't sit well.

>> Microsoft seems to DO have the "us vs. them" mentality, as you put it. They

They have to. Otherwise the shareholders would sue them :)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       \/  There shall be counsels taken
Stanislav Malyshev      /\  Stronger than Morgul-spells