On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Voguemaster wrote:

> The problem is very basic: Linux and Win32 have different include files
> for some things and placing #include directives inside #ifdef doesn't
> do the trick (it nullifies the #ifdef possibly ?????).

Very strange.

> I'm not sure how to go about this and I couldn't find anything useful
> elsewhere! Most projects just have a *nix source tree and a Win32
> source tree (that I could see).

If the #ifdef thing absolutely cannot be made to work, and cygwin
(suggested by Beni Cherniavsky) is not your cup of tea, consider
development of an abstraction layer - call the problematic functions using
your names.  Those names will resolve into either Unix or Win32 functions
by means of macro definitions and/or inline procedures.

                                             --- Omer
I may be affiliated in any way.