Hi all,

This is for a good cause (I think - it's for making Wine work with Word 2000 in Hebrew - you decide whether that's a good cause). I'm trying to find APIs for the following:
1. Knowing what the currently selected keymap is. Ideally, I want to know that it's US,IL,RU and that we are currently on IL. This step is not strickly speaking necessary, so long as step 2 and 3 are available
2. Knowing what the actual details of the keymap are (i.e. - pressing the key leftmost on the upper row produces a ~ etc).
3. Knowing when the user switches between the groups (I think there is an X event that notifies about that, so this may not be a major problem).
4. Setting the current group! I want to say "I want the current group to be 2 (RU)".

If you know how to do it, I would be much obliged.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant