One of the problems, is that real work cannot be done yet in hebrew, because
of luck of terminology. Carmel and Ivrix are doing a great job, but still
there is a long way before us.

I do not wish to see questions like:
"איפה המאונט פוינט של הנפס בתור ברירת מחדל?" -> "where is the default mount
point point of NFS?"

"איפה נמצאת האפשרות של לו-לטנסי בקרנל הפיתוח?" -> "'where can I find the low
latency options in the new development kernel?"

I can give you much more, try and translate the lasts technical threads to
hebrew. There will be only a few people which will be able to translate them
in a good manner. That means that most of the people asking here, will not
have enough hebrew to ask non trivial questions. So (naturaly) they will post
in english or some enbew or hebrish mix which is even worst then the original
intension.

בשבת 30 אוגוסט 2003, 20:01, Tzahi Fadida כתב:
> maybe there is a creative solution to this. as i see it, the main issues
> are: 1) the mailing list has gone thru an internationalization process, and
> now there are mixed nationalities on the mailing list.
> 2) some people are just more comfortable with english, but they won't have
> any problem getting hebrew messages too.
> 3) the linux-heb is not getting off the ground, since most people are on
> linux-il.
>
> my possible solutions:
> 1) do a one time event of signing everybody to both lists and from now on,
>     in the confirmation of subscription also add the possiblities of
> signing to: - linux-heb
>     - linux-il
>     - linux-il+linux-heb
>
> 2) create an alias to linux-il called, for example, linux-il-heb. two sub
> solutions: a) people will filter using mailing rules.
>     b) there will be an option in the mailing server that will allow people
> to set no-hebrew-messages.
>
> * - * - *
> Tzahi Fadida
> MSc Student
> Information System Engineering Area
> Faculty of Industrial Engineering & Management
> Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
> Technion City, Haifa, Israel 32000
> Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Technion Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *
>
> WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  see at
> http://members.lycos.co.uk/my2nis/spamwarning.html

- diego
/ >One basic notion underlying Usenet is  \
| that it is a cooperative. Having been   |
| on USENET for going on ten years, I     |
| disagree with this. The basic notion    |
| underlying USENET is the flame. -- Chuq |
\ Von Rospach, [EMAIL PROTECTED]             /
        \   ^__^
                ||     ||