> Please tell me a bit about VMWARE and linux.
> I was informed that it requires a new license and an upgrade
> whenever you change kernek. How true is this?

You're a bit mistaken...

You don't need a new license for each kernel, but you do have to re-run the
vmware-config.pl to let it "recompile" the modules it needed.

> What is the configuration of hardware you're running VMWARE on?

Windows XP Pro.

> How are you satisfied with the performance?

It's graphics performance sucks (it's just does frame buffer emulation), but
I'm running Xwin32 on Windows, so all X graphics are drawn natively on the
Windows XP (using putty and X forward). Other then that the performance is
quite OK..

Thanks,
Hetz