On October 11th 2003, the Kazit Project released the first beta release of
Kazit2.

Kazit started as a Hebrew-localized KnoppixKDE remaster
(http://www.kde.org/il/knoppixkde/).
however , KnoppixKDE is no longer under development.

Kazit2 is a remaster based on Knoppix3.3
It's purpose is to provide a Knoppix version with full Hebrew support.

(*) FEATURES:

* All locale setting were set to work as UTF8
* Hebrew language packages installed
* Improved keyboared layout switcher
* Open office upgraded to version 1.1 (no language packages)
* HSpell installed using 'multispell' for both Hebrew and English spell
checking
* Works with Culmus fonts by default
* Added a textual menu on startup for choosing between full Hebrew or "Hebrew
enabled" modes
* Several Hebrew related packages were installed: fribidi, bidiv, hebcal,
qtzmanim, switcher
* Some tools (iwiz, my 012 PPTP script) for dialling PPTP/ADSL
* the 'Frozen bubble' game was not removed this time :D

(*) MORE INFO:

For additional information in Hebrew:
http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/pub/kazit2/kazit.index.html

For a list of packaged that were removed browse:
http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/pub/kazit2/kazit-2.0-beta-packages-removed.txt

For a list of packages that were added browse:
http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/pub/kazit2/kazit-2.0-beta-packages-added.txt

for a full list (output of 'dpkg -l') :
http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/pub/kazit2/kazit-2.0-beta-packages-full-list.txt

Please note that these are unstable development releases with missing or
non-working features and are not intended for production systems.

If you think that some package should be included, please email me and explain
what package and why you think it should be included. Requests will be
considered for the next release.

(*) DOWNLOAD

ISO file available for download at:
http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/pub/kazit2/

(*) FUTURE

I would like to receive as many as possible fixes and bug reports and release
Kazit2-final when kde3.2 get released. There might be another Beta release
till the final one.

(*) SCREENSHOTS/

Not available yet, will be later on.

(*)

I hope you'll find this remaster useful, it can be a great tool for Linux
marketing IMO.

--
Shlomi Loubaton.