Tzahi Fadida wrote:

10x,
yes, thats sounds good, i would like to get the image.
and i don't need openoffice.

You'll have to remove it yourself, for the time being.

i have 24mb ram though.
also, how do i dump the image via the ethernet connection? because last time, it
took me 2 days to set the external cdrom driver working.

Tricky. Set up an HTTP or FTP server, and connect to it using the "network install" boot disk of some distro.
Personally, I suggest you compile netcat statically (so it has no external dependancies). Get it to your computer using FTP. Then, format and mount the partitions you need, cd to the proposed new root, and do "nc -l -p 12345 | tar xvzf -". On the other computer, do "nc 172.24.15.132 12345 < image.tgz". This way you won't need temporary storage for the tar file, which may prove more than your computer can hold (both tar and extracted images).

also, is there a way to hibernate my thinkpad 755cx with linux? it will probably
need a fat16 on the first partition and the file hibernate.sys but there is
still a need to some software to activate it.

Try http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/. It's a great site. If you find out new insights, you can contribute your feedback as well.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant