On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 09:23:19AM +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Tzahi Fadida wrote:
>
> >10x,
> >yes, thats sounds good, i would like to get the image.
> >and i don't need openoffice.
> >
> You'll have to remove it yourself, for the time being.
>
> >i have 24mb ram though.
> >also, how do i dump the image via the ethernet connection? because last
> >time, it
> >took me 2 days to set the external cdrom driver working.
> >
> Tricky. Set up an HTTP or FTP server, and connect to it using the
> "network install" boot disk of some distro.
> Personally, I suggest you compile netcat statically (so it has no
> external dependancies). Get it to your computer using FTP. Then, format
> and mount the partitions you need, cd to the proposed new root, and do
> "nc -l -p 12345 | tar xvzf -". On the other computer, do "nc
> 172.24.15.132 12345 < image.tgz". This way you won't need temporary
> storage for the tar file, which may prove more than your computer can
> hold (both tar and extracted images).

Grab Tom's Root-Boot floppy. Has nc, tar, relatively good network card
support (including laptops). a minimal dhcp client is included.
it even has 'man'. Should have nfs support,  but I never tried it.

It doesn't support reiserfs, though. ext3 will have to do...

--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       +---------------------------+