On Monday 13 October 2003 18:09, Amichai Rotman wrote:

>                       Article title: <font CLASS='text12'>האוצר השעה חידוש הסכם
> המסגרת עם
> מיקרוסופט</font><br>

> http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/1,7340,2788777,00.html '
> target=_blank> http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/1,7340,2788777,00.html
> </a><br>

>                       Click the link above to go to the article.<br><br>
>
>                       (If you see no link above, then copy the address above<br>
>
>                       into your browser`s address box and press enter)

First thing I like to protest agains the deplorable behavior of sending HTML
mail to the list, specificly from automatic "email this to friends"-forms
(which introduced other interesting aspects of email harvesting which I won't
go into). This is both rude on the general principal of it, and also as some
people on the list do fitler out HTML mail (for good cause), so they won't be
able to read this email.
And I'm not even going into "hebrew on Linux-IL" or "URLs w/o explenations"
issues, which are also valid.

And now for the real issue:
I don't care. really, I couldn't care less about what office suit the
government purchases. specificly as this is such a lowly percentage of the
total goverment expenditure on technology, but also because I think that
Microsoft deserve to be able to do buisness and the government is a valid
customer.
As long as all out going communications between the government and the public
is based on open standards and can be accessed using free software - all of
this can be achieved w/ MS software tools - I don't realy care who is the
supplier of software tools for the government. all this, assuming of course
that the government purchases the best software for the least money, but this
is really OT for Linux-IL.

--
Oded

::..
If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable