On Tuesday 14 October 2003 17:43, Oded Arbel wrote:
> The only valid point here (except for the general concept which is also
> very valid) is that maybe by buying MS products the government supports an
> agresive monopol which counters accepted goals of compatability and
> striving for an open market with many competitors, but this is debatable.

It's far from being the only valid point.

If not for other good reasons, at the least I care about how my tax money
is spent because 60% of my salary and 18% of many services and goods
I pay for goes there.
Not to mention stuff like creating local jobs, reducing national debt by
reducing amounts of foreign currency that the government has to send
abroad and other negligible financial stuff.

--Amos