> On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
>
>> Here is my opinion: any one of this 3 sounds cool. I put here only the
>> downsides of each approach.
>>
>> gtk:
>> * not object oriented (looks un-natural to build gui's in no oop
>> language)
>
> I beg your pardon? Gtk+ is Object-Oriented. And you can do OOP in C well
> enough.

Most people who've ever used an OO (oriented) languages such as
C++/Java/Python/Perl (strike what's not PC) would disagree with you here.
passing a structure on every call to a procedure with a guessable prefix
is not what I would consider object-oriented. it may be about "objects"
but its not oriented towards anything.

That being said, GTK+ is very usable, powerful and flexiable. its just not
very easy to work with (especially in an real OO capable language)
compared to the alternatives.