> On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 07:07:05PM -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>>
>> Was waiting for someone else to mention that, but no one did.
>> Perhaps PyGTK (Python + GTK bindings) is the best to go these
>> days.  There are thousands of small and large examples out there
>> to copy from ;-).  Ruby + GTK seems good too, but Ruby is not a
>> language I bother myself learning, when I can learn Python (and
>> did) instead.
>>
>> BTW, something that you shell scripters may like, in GNOME 2.4,
>> have a look at 'zenity'.  It displays GTK+ dialogs from command
>> line.
>
> I did not really look at zenity, but did look at other similar
> stuff, and the best I found is called kaptain. Less than a real
> language, no fancy "designer", but much stronger than e.g. gdialog.

There's also KDialog which I've used a couple of time. nothing close to a
real GUI tool, but if all you need is to pop a dialog box here and there
then its a good choice (assuming you live peacefully with KDE that is).
Another option for KDE people is Kommander which is used to design a GUI
(has fancy designer) around a command line utility.