On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 11:03, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> > > Actually it is now.
> > >

> > Free as in speech? I don't think so. Care to enlighten us?
>
> Isn't it dual licensed as GPL/QPL?  Doesn't GPL mean free as in
> speech?

Don't know QPL and correct me if I am wrong, but I think that programs
that include GPL code have to be released under GPL license in which
case you can only use qt under windows for open source software as a
free toolkit (has its points I admit. If you are going to earn money for
you program, you might as well pay for the usage of the toolkit).
Although I believe that if you use dynamic linking you can still mix GPL
and closed source (as you are not actually including the source in you
program). Thats whats supposed to enable distributing closed source
kernel modules.
> > Regards,
> >
> >     Shlomi Fish
> >

> > > Ely