guy keren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> people have such short memories:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg30749.html

>From memory (thanks for reminding, Guy), someone (Mulix?) found this
(I just found it on my own, but it does ring a bell)

http://kerneltrap.org/comment/reply/1574

Note that Ulrich Drepper says there that Fedora Core 1 and RHEL3
should not have the problem. Shachar says that RHAS3 is slow -
question is, whether or not that is the same kernel as RHEL3 uses, and
which version Ulrich actually meant (he raises the point of kernel
version numbers, then provides benchmarks without any indication of
versions...).

So in the 7.2 vs 9 case, can the client grab the kernel RPM from
Fedora Core 1, rpm -ivh it reboot, and compare again?

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED]