On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 05:08:36PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> It might be related to my switch to 2.6test11 (which I did about a month
> ago, when test9 or so came out), as it ("persist + maxfail 0") worked
> for me for months with 2.4.2x before that, or maybe it's just that
> Actcom are having a bad week?
>
> So I'm following those primitive ping-based monitores to enhance
> the reliability of my link too.
>
> Is anyone aware of issues with ADSL on 2.6test?

  I am running the 2.6 series for weeks now, perhaps even months.
persist + maxfail 0 works fine. Whenever there was a problem, persist +
maxfail 0 did their job and tried to reconnect again and again. Calling
the support desks of either Bezeq or Actcom revealed that at least one
of them is having problems. Yet currently I am only at test9.

--
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples then
you and I will still each have  one apple. But  if you have an idea and I