> > I'm working on tightening the security of my laptop (installed with RH9).
> >
> > I'm trying to figure out a way to automatically unmount a partition that
> > has been standing idle for some time. 'Idle' means, of course, that no
> > reads or writes were made from/to that partition.
> >
> > Any hints on tools, scripts or APIs are welcomed.

Mandrake's supermount might do the work for you. it actually automounts
whenever the specified device becomes idle and not after a timeout and
remounts it immidietly on access. it is usually used to support removable
media but I guess nothing prevents it from being used on static partitions.

--
Oded

::..
"How many people work here?"