×××× ××× 12 ××××× 2004, 10:06, ×××× ×× ××× Shlomi Fish:
> Well, pardon me, but I think you're wrong. Adding Hebrew support to an
> already complete CMS, will probably easier than writing a complete CMS
> from scratch "with Hebrew in mind". Especially given the fact that HTML
> supports Logical Hebrew quite transparently.

Unlike what most people think, making a non-BiDi aware HTML application,
especially the more complicated ones using CSS bells and whistles, is a lot
more work then just adding dir="rtl" to the <html> tag. the main caveat is of
course the CSS 'right'/'left' semantics (which should have been
'first'/'last' if you ask me) that aren't reveresed. the least of your
problem is finding all the places where HTML generation has these 'right' or
'left' values hard coded, and replace them with something that understand the
rendering direction of the document.

Then you'll run into the BiDi display problems specific to each browser
(assuming you want to be x-platform or something) of which there are many and
all of them are trouble.

All of this is from experience as I am also one of the "build it yourself"
crowd and am currently writing a wiki from scratch "built with hebrew in
mind".

--
Oded

::..
"And remember, when you look into the pit, the pit looks back into you."
        -- Anonymous INTERCAL hacker