On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, Amichai Rotman wrote:

> Hi Tzafrir,
>
> On Saturday 17 January 2004 01:22, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > IIRC urpmi is quite buggy in handling partial downloads. On many
> > cases I got this error and it turns out that there was a file of size
> > 0 in the cache. Delete it from the packages cache. (I don't recall
> > the exact path. Something like /var/cache/urpmi/archives/ )
>
> It seems the problem lies with the sig file.
>
> I have checked /var/cache/urpmi/ and the files with the problem are
> located under the /partial dir. It's supposed to be moved to the /rpms
> dir and deleted afer being installed.
>
> It seemsthe mirroring isn't perfect. When trying to rpm -ivU on them,
> I get the same error: the sig file is bad or missing (could not open
> file).
>
> Any good mirror? I don't *have* to use the closest (BTW: IGLUs mirrorhas
> the same problem).

Try:

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/mandrake/

or

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrake/

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

> Thanks,

> Amichai Rotman
>
> Short text-only e-mails: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> UIN#: 6401746
> Registered Linux User#: 201192

Shlomi Fish        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Writing a BitKeeper replacement is probably easier at this point than getting
its license changed.

        Matt Mackall on OFTC.net #offtopic.