ביום שלישי 30 מרץ 2004, 09:58, נכתב על ידי Gilad Ben-Yossef:
> On Sunday 28 March 2004 20:29, Oded Arbel wrote:
> > Hi list.
> >
> > I'm having a few problems with getting wine to play nice with my sound
> > card. specifically I want to run a SIP phone using wine.
>
> Any particular reason not to use a native Linux SIP phone?

The all either suck terribly (kphone), can't be bothered to work with my
Asterisk PBX (Zultys softphone), don't play nice with ALSA and aRts
(linphone) or just don't work (cornfed SIP ua).
There might be one or two more I forgot to mention, but I think I tried every
single one I could get my hands on. The scene for free SIP user agents is
very limited, even for MS-Windows software (I actually only found two for
windows - which makes it the first time I see a category where there is
masivly more user-end software for linux then for windows).

The SIP agent I'm trying to use is what the Windows users on my network are
using and except for the above mentioned problems, it works great. it sits
nicely in the KDE system tray and pop up when a call is incoming or if I
click it. only trouble is, that I have to make sure nobody is using the
soundcard before I start dialing, and if someone calls me while something is
playing, then I have to shut the SIP down, restart it and hope that whoever
called me bothers to do so again and this time it will work.

--
Oded

::..
"Too much of a good thing is WONDERFUL."
        -- Mae West