Martha H Greenberg wrote:
My new job has huge piles of old hardware (mostly pc) which I need to
evaulate and then dispose of what we don't want.

Wish you luck for your new job ;)
Can anyone recommend:

1) A company that buys old PCs and monitors?  Or a tzedakah that would
take them?  Failing that, someone we can pay to come and dispose of them
safely?

2) A good place to buy machine room accessories (anything from machine
room tables/racks to cable ties)?

3) A good FAT/NTFS disk/file recovery program?

4) A good PC hardware testing program (preferally self-booting)?

for 3 and 4 you can use http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/.
In this cd you will find a self booting images of testing, filesystems, hardware and so on...
You can check this link also, http://cowww.epfl.ch/~swalter/mbcd/index.php
Martha Greenberg
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

PS - I have long thought that we need an Israeli system/network admin
list.  I'd love to have a place to ask these sort of questions, or other
admin questions not relating to Linux.  Is anyone else interested?