Cross posted to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as I think its more relevant there (please
authorize this post - I'm registered to it using a different email address
and I don't know how to setup two From: headers..)
בSunday 25 April 2004 20:49, נכתב על ידי Yedidyah Bar-David:
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 07:00:53PM +0300, Jonathan Ben Avraham wrote:
> > Hi Linux-il members,
> > When you access http://www.pmo.gov.il using Mozilla, you get a download
> > of a file, o31o1k6g.bin, but no html page. the file o31o1k6g.bin is in
> > fact HTML. What's going on?
>
> The server says 'Content-Type: application/octet-stream'. Why it does
> that is beyond me - it identifies as an 'Microsoft-IIS/5.0', which I
> never configured, but I guess it's a configuration problem. I verified
> that it says the same to IE, so it's not a mozilla-specific thing - but
> IE probably guesses the Content-Type by other means.

IE will attempt to display any file that starts with the characters
"<html" (yes - no closing angle bracket) as an HTML file, no matter what
content-type is reported. probably because of the issue with the default
content-type in IIS being application/octet-stream and IIS having no
mime-magic functionality.

--
Oded

::..
"You don't wanna get laid, man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you gotta
talk to em."
        -- from "Colors"