On Mon, Jul 12, 2004, Ira Abramov wrote about "Re: HTTP body capture with LiveHTTP
Headers ?":
> you could probably record the entire stream of an HTTP session by using
> netcat as a "proxy". however for SSL sessions you need to know the
> server key. Mercury has a product that does that, it was developped by
> one Adi Stav who is probably not on the list these days. he was thinking
> about rewriting this code under GPL but this has not happend yet AFAIK.

The product you describe might be useful while debugging the *server*,
when you might have a copy of its key. It is not very useful when you're
trying to debug a client (e.g., develop a script which automates the use of
some site), and you don't have a key.

A proxy-like solution can be used, however: the proxy can act as a terminator
for both sides, checking the authenticity of the server, but presenting its
own key to the client. In this case the client needs to recognize this proxy
key as a valid one (for all sites), but this should be easy to do. I don't
know if any available web-proxies can be easily set up to perform this sort
of "man in the middle" task.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |     Tuesday, Jul 13 2004, 24 Tammuz 5764
Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |Attention: There will be a rain dance