Hi folks

I'm trying to write a small X11 client that will be notified whenever a
window loses the input focus and whenever a window gains the input
focus?

My best effort so far is:

  XSelectInput(display, root_win, FocusChangeMask );
  while (!done) {
    XNextEvent(display, &an_event);
    switch (an_event.type) {
      case FocusIn:
        break;
      case FocusOut:
        break;
    }
  }

This catches some of the cases: window switches using alt-tab, but not
window switches using the mouse (my WM is IceWM).

As usual, any RTFM would be welcome. I already tried choo's guide,
which was useful for getting started, BTW.

--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       +---------------------------+