I have a small issue with OpenOffice 1.1.1/2 and Culmus 0.100 - if I
select a text and change the font, it changes fine. But if I type new
text, the font reverts to Lucidasans when in
Hebrew mode (switching to English returns the selected font). It looks
as if OpenOffice doesn't know the new fonts support Hebrew or simply
ignores them. (ref:
http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/archives/linux-il/06-2004/10416.html).

I didn't find in google any other report of that, yet I hear that
other people use older versions of Culmus due to hebrew issues, I see
that Debian is still at 0.9.3
(http://packages.debian.org/testing/x11/culmus.html) - does anybody
know what is going on?