Hi Dovix,

I tried doing the following in OOo 1.1.1 with Culmus 0.100:

Typed Hebrew text in LucidaSans. Selected some of the text. Changed the
font of the selected text to AharoniCLM. The font changed fine.

While the text was still selected, typed new text (in RTL mode) to replace
the selected text. Again, the font changed fine.

Typed new text immediately following the previously-changed text(still in
RTL mode). Again, the font changed fine.

I'm not sure how to reproduce your problem. If I misunderstood you, could
be more specific about how to cause the problem to occur?

Thanks,
Alan

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Dovix wrote:

> I have a small issue with OpenOffice 1.1.1/2 and Culmus 0.100 - if I
> select a text and change the font, it changes fine. But if I type new
> text, the font reverts to Lucidasans when in
> Hebrew mode (switching to English returns the selected font). It looks
> as if OpenOffice doesn't know the new fonts support Hebrew or simply
> ignores them. (ref:
> http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/archives/linux-il/06-2004/10416.html).
>
> I didn't find in google any other report of that, yet I hear that
> other people use older versions of Culmus due to hebrew issues, I see
> that Debian is still at 0.9.3
> (http://packages.debian.org/testing/x11/culmus.html) - does anybody
> know what is going on?

Alan Yaniger