Hi

There's this old computer that I've tried to pub debian on. It's a pentium 75
with 40 MB RAM. The problem is that every once in a while, programs just give
a Segmentation Fault for no good reason. Sometimes I even get an Oops saying
that the kernel couldn't handle a NULL pointer.
I tried using memtest86+ and cpuburn, but they gave no errors.
I tried testing the disk with badblocks. I couldn't find any problem, except
on the swap partition which gave the weird error that the last sector of the
partition couldn't be found. I then switched the swap to a file on another
partition (that ran badblocks without errors) but the problem is still there.

Do you know any more diagnostic tools that can help me figure this out?
--

Haggai Eran
[EMAIL PROTECTED]