Here's what the 1st match in google's groups section had:

    PC2100 RAM can run up to 266MHz while PC2700 RAM can
    run up to 333MHz.  The actual speed is dependant on the motherboard.
    Both can run at lower speeds.

The search was for `PC-2100 vs. PC-2700'. Usual disclaimer applies. If
no one comes with other/better/qualified answers you might want to dig
there yourself.

  Do report back what you have found and whether your actual experience
differs. Thanks.