Of course, the printer driver is having a serious problem. You'll need to found a big organization to have the world get rid of the problem. You have precedents in the form of the FSF and RMS (who had his own printer driver troubles).

(I just could not resist saying this, as the GNU and GPL started from a problem a stubborn guy had with a printer driver. :-) )

David Harel wrote:
Greetings,

I defined a remote printer on an MS W2000 using samba. The printer is an Epson Stylus C43.
When I try to print the test page I get on the terminal (I started kprinter manually from a shell) the following error message:
kprinter: WARNING: KFilterBase::findFilterByExtension : no filter found for text/plain

Of course the printout is jammed.
What do you think is the problem?

My machine is:
HP Omnibook 6000 running gentoo with kernel 2.4.26-gentoo-r9, KDE 3.3.0 and cups 1.1.20-r3

--- Omer My own blog is at http://www.livejournal.com/users/tddpirate/

I may be affiliated in any way.