Hello Aaron,
The following works in the version of emacs which I have (GNU Emacs
21.3.1 of 2004-10-16, modified by Debian):
Options/Truncate Long Lines in this Buffer (4th menu item from top)

The lines are not really truncated, they are just displayed without
wraparound.

If you don't have the above menu+menu item, the following command may
work, too:
M-x toggle-truncate-lines

(where M-x is the ALT-x key combination in out-of-the-box keyboard
configuration).

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 02:28, Aaron wrote:
> HI all,
>
> I am using nxml for editing xml and want to be able to scroll forever to
> the right. I can't figure out how to do this in emacs, but I need this
> desperately.
>
> anyone know how?
                                    --- Omer

I may be affiliated in any way.