With CUPS, lpr will convert most formats to the printer format, so you
can just use:

lpr file.pdf

About printers being pcl: usually the lpr program is configured to
convert postscript input files to whatever the printer uses, that's
why 'pdf2ps file.pdf - | lpr' should always work ok, if the printer is
configured correctly.

Haggai

On 07 Dec 2004 13:19:55 +0000, Oleg Goldshmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> softkol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Oleg thanks, but I forgot to mention only one little insignificant
> > fact: All my printers are PCL.
> >
> >  So you suggestion will not work.
>
> Will not work or does not work?
>
> I will not pretend that I am an expert on printing. Can you explain
> why this won't work? If your printer works, and if you can print on it
> with lpr, then what is the problem? The idiosyncrasies of your printer
> should be handled and the driver level, and the command line should
> still work.
>

> --
> Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Haggai Eran