Ilya Konstantinov wrote:
Daniel Feiglin wrote:

Hi folks!

The following problem emerged recently (I think after the 9.1->9.2 upgrade).

1. Delete all konq configfiles (per its welcome screen; it says where everything is).
2. Restart Konq and attempt to load any valid URL, and you get a popup "Sorry" error message box with this:

Could not find the program '%u'

- exactly as you see it. The machine is online and the test URL comes up under Mozilla, so THAT's not the problem.

What might be the '%u' that it is looking for?

I think %u is what should expand into 'the accessed URL' in Konqueror's associations; that is, when you associate a MIME type with a program which accepts a URL on its command line, you use %u instead of %s to represent whatever Konqui passes to that program.

What you're seeing looks to me like a messed-up program association with the "text/html" MIME type. I guess you still haven't killed all of your settings -- especially the ones related to kfm (Konqueror's file manager). Also, note that KDE stores settings both in ~/.kde/share/config/appnamerc and ~/.kde/share/apps/appname/.

1. Neither of these items exist in my system. To make sure, I checked a virgin SuSE 9.2 system (on my LAN) - and again both of these items were missing. But your first remark gave me an idea ...
2. The main system (in question) has Apache 2 running. From the virgin sytem I was able to see the Apache home page. On the main system I got the %u error again.
3. For what it's worth, the text/html mime types are set up correctly on both systems, nominating Konq as the default app. The Konq version is 3.3.