Hello,

I want to use a second glibc on Linux; mainly for hacking glibc;
I do want to keep the original glibc with came with my distribution. (Which is RedHat 9)
so that the kenel and apps will still use it.

I have succeeded in building glibc 2.3.2 ; I had installed it to a private folder (using ./configure --prefix=/work/myglibc) so it will not interfere with any system libraries.

Now , I am trying to compile and link a simple HelloWorld program in "C" against the glibc I
had made. As I understand fromm googling , I should use the new libc.so and the new dynamic linker (ld.so.)

How should it be done?

I googled for it a littlem,and I made some attempts with various make files, and they all failed (sometimes the compile succeeded but when running the
executable I got a core dump).

I don't want to get into details about these attempts because I assume the way to do
it is probably straightforward for those who have some experience with it; so
if anybody knows something, please ,let me know.

Regards,
Amir