Amos Shapira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 4/29/05, Muli Ben-Yehuda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>           encouraged to take a look at the free Xen hypervisor
>      instead. Windows
>      support will be coming to Xen when Intel makes its VTx machines
>      publicly available.
>
> Is there a reason to expect this to happen or is it just a theoretical
> pre-condition?

Yes, there is a reason: Xen already includes support for Intel's VT/VX
and AMD's Pacifica [1], which allow running unmodified guests. For now
Xen needs to modify the guest OS, and our friends in Redmond make that
a bit difficult.

[1] stability and robustness unclear at the moment - at least to me

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.goldshmidt.org