Aharon,

Did you add Hebrew support to your X configuration?
If you didn't, just replace the line:
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
With
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us,il"
        Option      "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"

Once you done, restart the X (init 3; init 5;)
When you want to switch to Hebrew or back to English, just use the left_alt_shift combination.
When you're in Hebrew, the scroll-lock led will turn on.

Oh... If you want Hebrew spell checking, download and install the hspell and the ooo-hspell packages from http://www.ivrix.org.il/projects/spell-checker/ and activate them using the Options->Language settings->Writing Aids.

Hope it helps,
Gilboa