Gilboa Davara wrote:

Mr. Startup,

Writing something about your company (beyond - we have money) and about the positions you want to fill might be helpful...

Gilboa

It seems that five years are enough for people to forget.

The bubble is back.

Let's analyze this one, for example:
- They have money. In fact, that's the most important aspect of their job offer.
- "push technology"? Didn't that go out of style, like, eight years ago?
- "We have a growing community of users who view, rank and comment on the content." - i.e. - we are going to make money by having a lot of people use our product for free. Rather, we are going to make money by convincing VC's to invest in us, because we have lots of users who will pay us nothing.

Let's think back what the bubble was, after all. It was called "The new economy", and it meant "make money by being bought out". This will be profitable to the investors, because they too, in turn, will sell to someone else.

It's called a "pyramid scam", and when done with email it's illegal. No one made it illegal with companies, though.

Take this email, for example. Did anyone understand what the program does? Oz said it was "push technology", but the EULA talks about "don't use this to distribute illegal material", so this seems like a P2P. Then again, the web site talks about "Seeing thousands of the best videos, images and sound on the internet". So is this a recreational thing? If so, where is the push? Go figure.

AND they managed to get money. The optimistic among you are welcome to come to the conclusion that the investors got a better picture of how the company is supposed to make money in the end. I have my doubts. I know a little about VCs.

         Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.