I think this is an academic debate if GNU/Linux is more secured or not.

For the simple people, let us look at the facts:

1. When was the last time any of this list members has seen a virus in
his GNU/Linux desktop? (I guess the answer is never)

2. When was the last time you had a spyware in your desktop? (again the
answer is never)

So the end result is: GNU/LINUX IS MORE SECURED.

There is a question wether in the future there will be viruses or
spywares, this is a real question (my opinion is no, there won't be). We
don't know the future of Micro$oft OS either, will Longhorn be more secured?

So for the time being Open source desktop is far more secured then XP
desktop.

--

Ori Idan