Matan Ziv-Av wrote:

- don't use the modules! Suse, Red Hat and others regularly ship with such modules in the distribution. Some graphics card drivers (like nvidia) are notorious for this. Most 802.11g drivers available run the original (win32) driver in an emulation because they are closed source.

And to top it all, you do not own the router, it is rented. So you are a
'user' and have no rights on the hardware or software in it, nor has anyone

So I can create copies of CDs I buy in the store, and "rent" them to other people? ECI do not have a right to "rent" Linux kernel or Busybox, except if they follow the GPL, which they do not.

Well, it is perfectly legal to lend (or even rent) your physical original CD to other people. And you did get ECI's original box - not a "copy" made by Bezeq (and you do rent it from bezeq, not eci, right?)

Now, I don't want to be blamed for keeping this thread alive, so please don't post any IP-law related replys to the list. It's just that I've been wondering: do they (bezeq) offer you the option to BUY the 312 box? I know I bought my Alcatel from them at the time (this option was available, it's just that not many people chose to take it).

p.s. is there a list that would welcome these threads? Maybe we should open e.g. iplaw-il/holyflamewars-il (this is semi-serious, but I might actually consider subscribing)