Hi Ira,
As far as I know, to source '.bashrc'  during login time, you need to
explicitly source it in your '.bash_profile' (or '.profile').
RHEL3 make sure that this happens by adding it to the skeleton login scripts
of newly created users (template in /etc/skel).
Check that you have .bash_profile for each user with atleast the line:

[ -r ~/.bashrc ] && . ~/.bashrc

Noam