On Monday 04 July 2005 00:34, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
> Last but not least, I think I can tolerate protocol "controlled" by ...

Hmmm.... controlled....

> provided the protocol itself is public and possible to implement
> independently and that it is actually used and accepted.

.. But independently implementable....

Seem like a contradition to me.

Other than that, it should be noted that MS "acceptance" of public
standards was always in part of its E^3 (Embrace, Extend, Extinguish).

[A recent victim is, of course, Kerberos].

This means its adoption/release of some open standard by MS only
signifies they are in the first phase (Embrace) as their market
share in that arena is not dominant. If/when they acquire dominant
position you'll start to see "Extensions" to the standard
(Which will be fiercely defended by MS against reimplementation).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  http://www.actcom.co.il/~oron
ICQ UIN: 16527398

Code Red, Blue or Green there all a symptom of a far more pervasive
and insidious virus, it costs around $200.
                                                -anonymous