Ira Abramov wrote:

btw: can OS-X run on non mac hardware ?
No.

Not officially that is. No need to look too far with Google and other
tools, I found several locations around the web with torrents of the
Developper Release DVD and even a pre-installed VMWARE vDisk to download
and run OSX as a guest.

..

the official install on the DVD ISO is
indeed looking for some kind of hardware DRM or whatnot, but the working
system works with minimal patching.
Latest news is that the last build (out about two weeks ago, IIRC) of Mac OS X/86 does not respond well to the above mentioned ministrations and refuses to boot. It will also not run apps compiled against the previous version and apps compiled against it will not run on said version. I believe that Apple are testing the market to see how people crack their protection mechanisms and the final version will (a) not be interoperatable with the dev-kits and (b) be (almost) impossibly hard to crack. so don't hold your breath waiting for an OS X that you can dual boot with your Linux running generic x86.

I'm holding my breath for the Intel PowerBooks, as I said :)
This seems to be the only way to go - if you want Apple's OS, you're going to have to shell out for Apple's hardware, and with the current local Apple distributer (Yeda), this is going to be quite costly: Yeda collects a large premium on Apple's products - a quick back of the envelope doodle suggests something close to 100% - and their support is horrible. It appears almost like they are not interested in selling Apple merchandise. I wonder if someone pays them a premium for behaving that way...

--
Oded