Free word viewer? yes, free as in free beer.
YBA is talking about free software in the sense of free speach.
He wants a person to understand the meaning of free software and sending
in a free format is one way of showing it.

As for Microsoft or Bill gates, we all understand that they are not the
root of all evil.
We are not against Microsoft, we are against the idea that someone will
have control over the software we use or over the format we use to
distribute our documents.
If it was another company it would be the same.

No one here is beconnimg religous.
Protecting my own (and others) freedom is not a religous war.

--
Ori Idan