Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In case someone does not know why, I am using this funky bfocus 312 modem
> bezeq is giving, configured as a router. In theory all I have to do is to
> make my hosts "dhcp" and I am done. However, this modem supports IPV6, and
> our ISPs generally do not, and the DNS servers get broken.
>
> The first work around, is to set the DNS server of the clients, not to the
> modem but to the DNS servers of the ISP. Since the DHCP lease of the clients
> ends after X time, the clients get once again the DNS of the modem, and the
> problem comes back. How do modify the dhcp clients to a specific DNS, and not
> to get them from the modem?
>
> The second work around will be disabling the IPv6 from the clients. I have
> found on the net that I should edit /etc/modprobe.d/aliases, and then modify
> this line
>
> alias net-pf-10 ipv6 <- old
> alias net-pf-10 off <- on
>
> and then run "update-modules".
>
> This does not work for me.
>
> Is anyone else on this list using this modem? How did he fix that problem?

It'd be better to leave aliases as is, so updates won't overwrite it (in
case you'll answer y by mistake).

Another way to disable ipv6 is blacklisting the module. Creating a new
file will be the best:

echo "blacklist ipv6" > /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-ipv6

Don't forget to reboot.

Added it a tip for future reference at debian.org.il:
http://debian.org.il/tips/disable-ipv6

Cheers