On Wednesday 27 September 2006 13:01, you wrote:
> --=-WIkWkV5dFzHgEB7+1zmN
>
> On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 23:12 +0300, Gil Freund wrote:
> > On 9/25/06, Tzahi Fadida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I am looking for a contacts program (for linux) that could replace
> > > the one that i was working with - symantec ACT, or saga ACT.
> > > Basically, it also has the ability to also log meeting summaries, files
> > > and phone calls. It can also assign contacts under categories, such
> > > friends, business, etc...
> >
> > I use Kontact, and by the look of things, Evolution has similar
> > functionality. The only thing I miss from my old Ecco days is the linking
> > of meetings and contacts (now fondly called CRM....). Kontact has a
> > journal
> > feature, but I don't think this quite meets the bill.
>
> I thought that meetings in Kontact/Evolution already are linked with
> contacts - I add the contacts I want to be on the meeting, and it even
> mails them invitations and updates.
> Regarding summaries, I'm using Evolution and I can open the meeting
> information dialog and I can add attachments to the meeting, IIRC
> Kontact has a similar feature as well. Or am I missing something
> important ?

The problem with evolution is that it crashes when i click on new meeting.
Basically, it crashed from day 1 when i installed ubuntu (main reason why i
upgraded to kubuntu). There is no meeting log in kontact that i can find.
Perhaps some plugin? there is a place to write some notes in clear text, but
certainly not to add attachments.

> Also, both Kontact and Evolution support assigning contacts and meetings
> into (multiple) categories.
>
> --
> Oded
>
> ::..
>
> This signature was intentionally left boring
>

> --=-WIkWkV5dFzHgEB7+1zmN
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 TRANSITIONAL//EN">
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
>   <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=UTF-8">
>   <META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="GtkHTML/3.12.0">
> </HEAD>
> <BODY>
> On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 23:12 +0300, Gil Freund wrote:
> <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
> <PRE>
> <FONT COLOR="#000000">On 9/25/06, Tzahi Fadida &lt;<A
> HREF="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>&gt; wrote:</FONT>
> <FONT COLOR="#000000">&gt; I am looking for a contacts program (for linux)
> that could replace</FONT> <FONT COLOR="#000000">&gt; the one that i was
> working with - symantec ACT, or saga ACT.</FONT> <FONT COLOR="#000000">&gt;
> Basically, it also has the ability to also log meeting summaries, files
> and</FONT> <FONT COLOR="#000000">&gt; phone calls. It can also assign
> contacts under categories, such friends,</FONT> <FONT COLOR="#000000">&gt;
> business, etc...</FONT>
>
> <FONT COLOR="#000000">I use Kontact, and by the look of things, Evolution
> has similar functionality.</FONT> <FONT COLOR="#000000">The only thing I
> miss from my old Ecco days is the linking of meetings</FONT> <FONT
> COLOR="#000000">and contacts (now fondly called CRM....). Kontact has a
> journal</FONT> <FONT COLOR="#000000">feature, but I don't think this quite
> meets the bill.</FONT> </PRE>
> </BLOCKQUOTE>
> <BR>
> I thought that meetings in Kontact/Evolution already are linked with
> contacts - I add the contacts I want to be on the meeting, and it even
> mails them invitations and updates.<BR> Regarding summaries, I'm using
> Evolution and I can open the meeting information dialog and I can add
> attachments to the meeting, IIRC Kontact has a similar feature as well. Or
> am I missing something important ?<BR> <BR>
> Also, both Kontact and Evolution support assigning contacts and meetings
> into (multiple) categories.<BR> <BR>
> <TABLE CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="100%">
> <TR>
> <TD>
> --<BR>
> Oded<BR>
>
> ::..<BR>
>
> This signature was intentionally left boring<BR>
> <BR>
> </TD>
> </TR>
> </TABLE>