On Wednesday November 1 2006 21:36, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Linux Il wrote:
> > I auto forward my emails to a gmail account that i opened for this
> > purpose only.
> > then from the gmail account i Auto forward the email back to other secret
> > email for viewing the emails.
> >
> > Gmail have a very strong spam filters and the spam will not be auto
> > forwarded to you.
> >
> > My old personal email was heavily spamed in a way that I gave up on that
> > email, since i got hundreds of spams everyday but now I get only the real
> > emails.
> >
> > This might be a good and fast solution for personal emails and private
> > machines, I am not sure if it will work for a mail server that serve lot
> > of people, though it might be possible with some tweaks to the DNS and
> > mail server.
> >
> > forgive me for suggesting this (no offense) but you can also put your
> > email domain under google apps
> > https://www.google.com/a/

> ROTFL - What a great idea! Using gmail as a spam filter! Any idea if there
> is any restriction on using it this way? (Obviously they didn't anticipate
> this kind of usage, but I wonder if this breaks any of their published
> rules)

Either they don't add any headers to indicate their spam status, or they are
shadowed by my own spam filters when I fetch them with POP3. If they don't,
how do you filter your mail and check for false positives?

--
Sincerely Yours,
Michael Vasiliev

If you don't have time to do it right, where are you going to find the time to
do it over?