El mié, 29-11-2006 a las 15:15 +0200, Shachar Shemesh escribió:

> A few years ago a new Linux distribution came along. It was called
> "Lindows", and it promised to use Wine in order to run your existing
> Windows applications on it. A couple of years later the company decided
> that Wine was not getting there, and stopped sponsoring any more work on
> it. Is that also an evil thing to do?

I personally do not so join Peter´s point of view, but¨ Lindows¨ was
sued by Microsoft by using a name similar to¨ Windows¨ for a OS that
runs Windows´ apps. I do not remember what exactly occurred with the
trial, but¨ Lindows¨ became¨ Linspire¨ and they were granted by
Microsoft with the rights to use or distribute codecs as the win32
package and other proprietary software within their distribution.

Julian

--
Julian Daich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>